We are very happy to announce our “Coaching and Heart Rate Variability (HRV) for Improved Sports Performance” Webinar. Most athletes know that getting enough rest after exercise is essential to high-level performance, but many still over train and feel guilty when they take a day off. In competitive sports, improved performance is achieved by alternating periods of intensive training with periods of relative rest. While standardized training programs produce well documented results, they do not take individual responses into account. In the past decade, college sports teams and world-class athletes have been increasingly using HRV to monitor fatigue and recovery from workouts. In this webinar you will be able to understand:
- The Science and Physiology of HRV
- In depth explanation of HRV metrics rMSSD, LF and HF
- How to interpret the HRV metrics
- Using HRV for Individualized Endurance Training
- The Relationship Between Stress, Food, HRV and Peak Performance
- The basics of the Kubios HRV analysis software
- Download the freeware, Kubios! When you are asked to enter an email to download the software, use email@example.com.
- In addition, email yourself one of your sessions from within SweetBeatLife. To do this select History > Choose a Session > Share > Email. This way you can plug it into Kubios with Ronda and see your results.
The cost of the webinar is $49.99 and includes access to a recording of the webinar.
Below is a little background on your presenter:
Ronda Collier, B.S.E.E., M.A. Psychology
Ronda has more than 25 years of experience in high technology product development with a proven track record of delivering leading edge consumer electronic products within both privately held startups and Fortune 500 corporations. She spent 3 years as an independent scholar researching non-invasive health monitoring techniques to improve overall personal wellbeing. This research led to the founding of SweetWater Health, L.L.C. in 2011 and the release of SweetBeat, the HRV measurement app in 2012.
Ronda has presented HRV basics and applications at the 2012 and 2013 Quantified Self conference and SweetBeat was featured at the 2012 Health 2.0 conference in San Francisco. In addition, she has been interviewed by several popular podcast hosts, including sports physiologist and author Ben Greenfield, and The Bulletproof Executive’s Dave Asprey. She is known for presenting HRV in a simple and understandable fashion.
In other news:
- New podcasts featuring Ronda: Endurance Planet with Tawnee Prazak, How to be your own health coach with Debbie Potts, and Primal Endurance with Brad Kearns.
- Coming soon, we will have a system for users to purchase HRV reports! For a small fee, you can view all of your HRV sessions in an informative graph.
- We are constantly thinking of new ways to engage our users. Please feel free to reply and send us your ideas!
The SweetWater Health Team